New Home Build in Santa Maria, Fresno, San Luis Obispo, CA, and Surrounding Areas
Organ & Sons Mechanical, Inc.
Your HVAC system is one of the many options to consider before construction begins on your new home build. It is a necessary choice that will affect your future energy costs and your ability to keep your house at a pleasant temperature throughout the year. New construction offers the best opportunity to install an efficient cooling system. Contact us today for a new home build in Santa Maria, Fresno, San Luis Obispo, CA, and surrounding areas.
If you want to enjoy the comfort of your new home, you install modern heating and cooling systems. Several aspects determine the ideal cooling system for your new home when considering new construction HVAC designs, such as the type of HVAC unit and considerations to be made during installation.
Types of HVAC systems for new houses
Consider these four options when deciding on a heating and cooling system for your new home build:
- Ductless System: A ductless heating and cooling system allows you to set various temperatures in different parts of your home. Over time, you can save money on your utility bills by preventing energy loss. For those looking for a quieter house, ductless systems are a good option.
- Window AC: The most basic sort of AC unit is a window unit. Each component and portion of the system is enclosed within a single box or casing. You can use traditional electrical outlets to power this type of air conditioner. Your window air conditioner saves you money on utility bills since it only cools a single room in your house.
- Heat Pump: Heat pumps are an excellent option for reducing energy consumption. The best time to install a geothermal heat pump is during the construction phase when the heat exchanger loops are buried underground. Since landscaping is not an issue when building a new home, installing a heat pump is significantly easier.
- Furnace: Heating your home with a furnace is a safe and efficient option during the long winter months. An air conditioner is also necessary if you want to live comfortably in a hot climate. Heating and cooling contractors can tell you which systems are best suited to the weather in which you live.
Tips to remember when installing an HVAC system in a new home
Here are a few pointers to keep in mind when looking for an HVAC system for your new home build:
- Proper Installation: A cooling system’s efficiency is ruined if it is installed incorrectly. Proper HVAC installation ensures performance, energy efficiency, and safety. Poor installation increases wear and tear and energy use.
- Sizing: Proper size is a necessary HVAC installation decision. A system that is too small won’t heat or cool properly. Oversized units short-cycle constantly. Both conditions entail uneven temperatures and a stressed HVAC unit.
- Ductwork: Ensure you build out suitable ductwork before we can install a heating and cooling system. No matter how many thermostats you have, a badly designed vent or duct can ruin your home’s energy efficiency.
Hire the best HVAC services
Contact Organ & Sons Mechanical, Inc. today to learn which new construction HVAC designs the best suit your new project. We’ll help you find the best heating and cooling system for your new home build and your family’s unique needs.